Please send all applications to Dr. Dale W. Laird
Graduate Student Expectations (PhD positions only):
- Students may enter the Laird Laboratory either through the Department of Anatomy & Cell Biology Graduate Program or the Department of Physiology and Pharmacology Graduate Program. For more extensive and official program requirements, please see the respective websites, or visit www.schulich.uwo.ca
- Students who are interested in a MSc are welcome to apply but preference will be given to students who intend to switch to a PhD program.
- Students are accepted depending on qualification, GPA, interest, and availability of positions.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Expectations:
Positions are available to study:
- Mechanisms underlying connexin skin diseases
- Mechanisms associated with the transport, assembly, and turnover of wild-type and disease-relevant connexin mutants
- Successful applicants will have a major input into the design and execution of his/her research project and are expected to demonstrate considerable independence in performing his/her research project.
- While funding may be available, successful applicants will be encouraged to apply for independent post-doctoral fellowships.
- Candidates should have a PhD and/or MD degree, and preference will be given to candidates with a strong background in molecular biology, biochemistry, cancer biology or high resolution time-lapse imaging of fluorescent protein-tagged molecules in live cells.
- Duration of the position is 2-3 years depending on available funding.
- Please send a letter of application including a one-page description of past research experience and interests, a CV, and names and contact information of three references.