About Animal Care and Veterinary Services
Animal Care and Veterinary Services' Vision Statement:
Advancing excellence in research through collaborative and innovative service, education, and animal welfare.
ACVS staff are compassionate and skilled individuals who:
- Strive to ensure exemplary care and enrichment for research animals while demonstrating gratitude and respect towards them
- Endorse advancement in research while adhering to high ethical and professional principles
- Uphold and fulfill University and regulatory agency standards through continuous accountability, integrity and compliance
- Provide ongoing development and delivery of supportive training programs for all personnel to facilitate regulatory compliance
- Develop and maintain a progressive employee health and safety program to ensure a healthy workplace environment.
ACVS also works with researchers to find alternatives to animal models in research.
If you have any ethical concerns to report, please use our ethical concerns webform.