- Students usually apply for an exchange program in their second year, and take part in their third year. Eligibility is based on academic achievement in first and second year, and your suitability as an ambassador for Western
- Opportunities to participate in Western's Exchange Programs are limited and are awarded on a competitive basis, subject to availability. An application does not guarantee participation in the program. Normally, students who are selected will have an average of 70% or above and will be in good academic standing prior to their selection for the exchange program. Please note: Failure to maintain a 70% average may result in cancellation of your exchange. Students will be evaluated on the basis of their application form, letters of reference and transcript.
- Most exchange programs are open to international students studying at Western
- Part-time students may apply for an exchange. All students, however, must be registered as full-time students paying full-time tuition while on exchange
Where do I start?
Complete details and procedures for students wishing to apply for the International Exchange Program. As a participant, you have the opportunity to study at more than 85 Universities and Institutions around the world. CLICK HERE
Click HERE for upcoming Information Sessions
I've been accepted into an Exchange Program, Now What?
Confirm your acceptance in writing to the International Exchange Program and pay the required fee
- Complete an Exchange Course Approvals form and print the course descriptions of the courses you wish to study
- Visit Ms. Bonnie Barratt in the Academic Counselling Office with your form and course descriptions to discuss your upcoming Exchange and the courses you have selected.
- Submit your form to the Exchange Office. They will also ask you to fill out an application form for the Host University. Approval from the Host University will take several weeks.
- Attend a pre-departure orientation. This is mandatory. Failure to attend will result in the cancellation of your Exchange.
- Learn about your host institution and the country you will be visiting ahead of time.