Classical Studies | English and Writing Studies | French Studies & Linguistics | Modern Languages and Literatures | Philosophy | Visual Arts | Women's Studies and Feminist Research
- “Maya Heraldic Arms: The Merging of Spanish and Maya Visual Cultures in the Memorial Shield to the Massacre at Otzmal.” Konsthistorisk tidskrift: Journal of Art History (2017), 1-10.
- “Representing Tihó-Mérida in Colonial Yucatán: Maya and Spanish Considerations of a Colonial Capital.” South Central Review 32, no. 2 (Summer 2015): 21-47
- “The Títulos de Ebtún, Yucatan, Mexico: Mapping Maya Communal Identity in a Colonial Spanish Notarial Context.” Imago Mundi: The International Journal for the History of Cartography 67, no. 2 (2015): 179-199
- “Contested Ideologies of Space in Hispanic American Cartographic Practices: From the Abstract to the Real in Spanish and Indigenous Maps of Yucatán.” RACAR: Revue d’art canadienne/Canadian Art Review, Special Issue, Latin American Visual Culture, guest editors, Luis de Moura Sobral and Alena Robin, 38, no. 2 (Fall 2013): 22-39
- “The Rhetoric of Authority: The Casa de Montejo in Mérida, Yucatán.” RACAR: Revue d’art canadienne/Canadian Art Review 35, no. 2 (2010): 5-20
- Picturing Toronto Photography and the Making of a Modern City Sarah Bassnett, McGill-Queens University Press, April 2016.
- Essay: “Between Truth and Fiction,” Of Time and Building. 18-27. Exhibition catalogue, Dawn Owen and Alison Nordstrom. (Guelph: Art Gallery of Guelph, 2015).
- Visual Studies with Andrea Noble and Thy Phu on "Cold War Visual Alliances," 30, no. 2 (June 2015). Available from: http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rvst20/current#.VdcxCkW_LfY.
- "Cosmic Stutters: Anselm Kiefer's Search for Redemption In the Stars," in Nicholas Campion (ed.), Heavenly Discourses: Proceedings of the “Heavenly Discourses” Conference, Bristol, 2011 (Ceredigion, Wales: University of Wales, Sophie Centre Press, 2016), pp. 263-270.
- "The Story Behind Asteroid 14060 Patersonewen," in Brian Patrick Abbott (ed.), Inspiration of Astronomical Phenomena VIII: City of Stars. Astronomical Society of the Pacific Conference Series, Vol. 501 San Francisco: Astronomical Society of the Pacific, 2015), pp. 67-73
- Patrick Mahon “Still, the Wind: What are Artists Doing about the Weather?” Feature Article (Border Crossings Magazine, Winter 2016,Issue 137) p. 54-61
- 2016 "Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhe: Silence and Sound in Performance", essay for More Caught in the Act, eds. Johanna Householder and Tanya Mars, YYZ Books; 20 pages
- 2016 "Record Release 7-inch" for Sweet Gongs Vibrating, San Diego Art Institute, San Diego (curator Amanda Cachia)
- 2016 "Greatest Hits" CD, Squint.Press
Published Audio Works (solo)
- 2016 "Record Release 7-inch" at Tranzac, Toronto
- "Record Release 7-inch" for Sweet Gongs Vibrating, San Diego Art Institute, San Diego
- "Mixer" for 21C Festival, Royal Conservatory, co-presented by MOCA, Toronto. My work performed by myself and: Ronnie Clarke, Jessica Karuhanga, Stephen Mueller, Juliana Pivato, Xuan Ye, Andrew Zukerman
- BOOK - EDITORIAL - Volumes - Blackwood Gallery, Mississauga, 2015.
- JOURNAL - ARTIST/CURATOR PROJECT - Gallery Guide: Through and Through - Journal of Curatorial Studies, Volume 4, Number 2.
- with Lisa Vinebaum. Textile: The Journal of Cloth and Culture [special issue: Crafting Community: Textiles, Publics, Performance and Participation]. London: Berg Press, 2016.
- Kirsty Robertson and Lisa Vinebaum. “Crafting Community.” Textile: The Journal of Cloth and Culture 14.1 (2016), pp. 2-13.>
“Plastiglomerate,” e-flux journal 78 (December 2016): http://www.e-flux.com/journal/78/82878/plastiglomerate/.
- “Shopping Cartographies.” In The Vancouver Carts: Photographs by Kelly Wood. James Patten, ed. London: Black Dog Publishers, 2016.
- “Quilts for the Twenty-First Century: Activism in the Expanded Field of Quilting” In Handbook of Textiles, eds. Janis Jefferies, Hazel Clark and Diana Wood Conroy. London: Bloomsbury Press, 2016, pp. 197-210.
Sprengler, C. “Modern Art and Retromediated Histories: Pleasantville and Far From Heaven” in Jilly Boyce Kay, Cat Mahoney, and Caitlin Shaw, eds. The Past in Visual Culture: Essays on Memory, Nostalgia and the Media. McFarland, 2017.
Hitchcock and Contemporary Art. New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2014.
“‘In a Hundred Years of Cinema…’: Cultural Memory and Musealization in Harun Farocki’s Workers Leaving the Factory in Eleven Decades,” in Gabriele Muller and Peter McIsaac, “Exhibiting the German Past: Museums, Film, Musealization,” University of Toronto Press, 2015.
- “Past Failures and Future Promises: Mark Lewis’ Children’s Games, Heygate Estate”, in Bridget Elliott, ed. Breaking and Entering: The House Cut, Spliced and Haunted, McGill-Queens, 2015.