Alexander Timoshenko, PhD
Cell Biology and Glycobiology
The main areas of my research interests include the following: Biological Activity and Functions of Animal and Plant Lectins, Glycobiology, Molecular Mechanisms of Cellular Stress Responses, Cellular Signaling, Reactive Oxygen Species, Redox-Regulation of Cellular Functions, Cancer Biology, Lymphangiogenic Factors, Innate Immunity.
Degrees and Institutions
- Doctor of Science, Biophysics, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Minsk
- Candidate of Science (Ph.D.), Biophysics, National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, Minsk
- Diploma, Physics, Belarusian State University, Belarus, Minsk
- Biology 3326F/G: Cell Biology Laboratory
- Biology 3355A: Molecular Cell Biology of Stress
- Biology 3625G: Techniques in Physiology and Biochemistry
- Majumder M, Tutunea-Fatan E, Xin X, Rodriguez-Torres M, Torres-Garcia J, Wiebe R, Timoshenko AV, Bhattacharjee RN, Chambers AF, and Lala PK (2012) Co-expression of α9β1 integrin and VEGF-D confers lymphatic metastatic ability to a human breast cancer cell line MDA-MB-468LN. PLoS One 7(4):e35094.
- Gorudko IV, Mukhortava AV, Caraher B, Ren M, Cherenkevich SN, Kelly GM, Timoshenko AV (2011) Lectin-induced activation of plasma membrane NADPH oxidase in cholesterol-depleted human neutrophils. Arch Biochem Biophys 516: 173-181.
- Timoshenko AV (2011) Chitin hydrolysate stimulates VEGF-C synthesis by MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. Cell Biol Int 35: 281-286.
- Shamova EV, Gorudko IV, Drozd ES, Chizhik SA, Martinovich GG, Cherenkevich SN, Timoshenko AV (2011) Redox regulation of morphology, cell stiffness, and lectin-induced aggregation of human platelets. Eur Biophys J 40: 195-208.
- Timoshenko AV, Kaltner H, André S, Gabius HJ, Lala PK (2010) Differential stimulation of VEGF-C production by adhesion/growth-regulatory galectins and plant lectins in human breast cancer cells. Anticancer Res 30: 4829-4833.