(7) Students who are required to present evidence of proficiency in English must make their own arrangements to write the TOEFL and to have the official results sent directly to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies by the testing agency. [Western TOEFL ID is 0984, dept. code 71] Start Your Application Now!
Graduate Application Procedure - International
For All International Applicants
Before you begin your application, read the:
(1) ADMINISTRATIVE PREPARATION required at the university and Canadian
government levels prior to acceptance to a Western graduate program.
Successful international applicants to the Medical Biophysics graduate program
are required to have a valid study permit in place as described on the above link
before the first day of term in which they will be registered.
(2) Material about our Medical Biophysics Graduate Program
(3) 2013 Application Deadlines
An Important Note to CAMPEP Applicants
The Department of Medical Biophysics is now accepting applications for the PhD CAMPEP Option. This Option is designed for graduate students interested in a clinical physics career. The Option includes a research-oriented thesis component, and a specially-designed didactic curriculum.
Admission to the CAMPEP Option is independent of being accepted into the PhD program. To be eligible, students must have completed an undergraduate physics education equivalent to a minor in physics including at least three upper level (3rd or 4th year) undergraduate physics courses required for a physics major.
Prospective students interested in CAMPEP must submit an application to the Medical Biophysics PhD program. In their Statement of Intent (part of the OUAC application), applicants must indicate their interest in a clinical physics career and the CAMPEP Option in Western's Medical Biophysics PhD program.
The CAMPEP Option is currently in an implementation phase, which includes some program development. Students should expect a reduced stipend during their final (5th) year, and a slightly higher tuition.
MORE Important Information About the Application Process .....
(1) NO application will be considered for admission until it is complete
(2) Application fees are associated with the graduate application process
(3) Partial applications (e.g. transcripts, resumes etc.) submitted to determine admissibility will not be accepted or acknowledged
(4) International applicants are required to submit OFFICIAL transcripts of their ENTIRE out-of-country university education before their application will be considered for admission. Legally notarized English translations must be included as well.
(5) Please make arrangements for your transcript to be sent DIRECTLY from the Registrar's Office of the out-of-country university to:
Graduate Affairs Assistant
Department of Medical Biophysics
Medical Sciences Bldg.
University of Western Ontario
London, ON CANADA N6A 5C1
tel: 519 - 661 - 2111 (88030)
(6) All MSc and PhD international applicants who are offered admission to our graduate program must have completed all of their BSc and MSc degree requirements respectively by the first day of enrollment as a MSc or PhD student in our graduate program (for PhD applicants this includes MSc course work and successful thesis defense)
Other formal evidence of graduate level proficiency in English (as determined by the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies) may be considered in lieu of these test scores.
Proof of successful TOEFL examination must be dated no later than 6 months prior to submission date of application
According to SGPS, the minimum acceptable score is 86 with no individual score below 20 for the internet based version; 213 for the standard electronic version; or 550 for the paper and pencil version. The Medical Biophysics graduate program ONLY accepts iBT TOEFL scores. Only complete applications with an overall iBT score of 92 will be considered with no individual score below 20 for the internet based version.
(8) E-mails from international applicants asking for pre-application opinions of probability of admission, problems with submitting official transcripts etc. will not be considered a priority to answer.
Click on button to begin
the application process
If you are having trouble with your application, please contact OUAC.
Ontario Universities' Application Centre
170 Research Lane
Guelph, Ontario N1G 5E2
9:00 am - 4:30pm EST
Tel:(519) 823-1940 ext. 556
When you complete the "Academic Intent" section of your on-line application, please describe in concise detail all research experience (as a student or laboratory/industrial/hospital employee) that is relevant to your graduate application and areas of research interest.
(7) Students who are required to present evidence of proficiency in English must make their own arrangements to write the TOEFL and to have the official results sent directly to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies by the testing agency. [Western TOEFL ID is 0984, dept. code 71]
Start Your Application Now!
Dr. Jeffrey Carson is seeking a qualified graduate applicant interested in investigating the use of 3D photoacoustic imaging for biomedical applications. Click HERE for more information.
How to Apply for Graduate Studies in Medical Biophysics
Graduate Application Deadlines for 2013 Summer and Fall Terms Admission
View the Slide Show from the 2013 A. C. Burton Lecture
Presentation will open as a Powerpoint Slide Show (*.ppsx)
Best viewed using Google Chrome
In Memory of Dr. Alan C. Groom, Professor Emeritius, the Alan C. Groom Memorial Fund Has Been Established. See Presentation ...
Best viewed using Google Chrome.
ALAN C. BURTON
VIDEO SEMINAR COLLECTION
Also of interest: