Dr. Kristy Tiampo
Seismic Hazards, Geodesy & Remote Sensing
Ph.D. University of Colorado at Boulder, 2000
Office: BGS 0168
Phone: (519) 661-2111 x.83188
Fax: (519) 661-3198
Integrated data assimilation and analysis for the purpose of understanding fault systems dynamics using seismicity and geodetic and remote sensing techniques; the physics of earthquakes; GPS data analysis; InSAR data analysis; numerical and computation modeling; nonlinear inversions and data assimilation.
For more information, please see the lab website.
- Tiampo, K.F., González, P.J., Samsonov, S., Results for aseismic creep on the Hayward fault using polarization persistent scatterer InSAR, EPSL, doi:10.1016/j.epsl.2013.02.019, 2013.
- Alipour, S., Tiampo, K., Samsonov, S., González, P. Application of multi-baseline polarimetric SAR interferometry on C-band SAR, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, doi:10.1109/LGRS.2012.2237501, 2013.
- González, P.J., Tiampo, K.F., Palano, M., Cannavó, F., Fernández, J. The 2011 Lorca earthquake slip distribution controlled by groundwater crustal unloading, Nature Geosciences, 5:821-825, doi:10.1038/ngeo1610, 2012.
- Samsonov, S. and Tiampo, K. Polarization phase difference analysis for selection of persistent scatterers in SAR interferometry, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, doi:10.1109/LGRS.2010.2072904, 8, 331-335, 2011.
- Samsonov, S., d’Oreye, N., González, P., Tiampo, K., Ertolahti, L, Clague, J.J. Ground deformation in the Greater Vancouver region from two decades of ERS-ENVISAT-RADARSAT-2 InSAR measurements, Remote Sensing of the Environment, submitted December 2013.
- Kazemian, J., Tiampo, K.F., Klein, W., Dominguez, R. Foreshocks and aftershocks in simple earthquake models, Physical Review Letters, submitted December 2013.
Earth Sciences 2240F/G: Catastrophic Events in Earth History
Earth Sciences 3323A/B: Geodesy and Remote Sensing
Earth Sciences 4420A/B: Geophysical Forward and Inverse Modelling Methods
Geophysics 9505A/B: Inverse Theory
Geophysics 9524A/B: The Physics of Earthquakes
Geophysics 9570A/B: Great Geophysicists
Attieh Eshaghi, Ph.D. student
Yelena Kropivnitskaya, Ph.D. student
Hadis Samadi Alinia, Ph.D. student
Dr. Tiampo currently has openings for M.Sc. and Ph.D. students interested in the analysis of geodetic data, primarily InSAR (Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar) and continuous GPS data, or the study of the physics of earthquake fault systems. These projects will include the integration of both proven and innovative analysis techniques into a variety of models and simulation, and the visualization and interpretation of the results.