Shauna Burke, PhD
- MA, PhD (Western University)
- BKin Hons (McMaster)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Infant, child, and youth health
- Childhood obesity
- Measurement and promotion of physical activity in children and adults
- Breastfeeding and infant feeding practices
- Health promotion
- Group dynamics
- Faculty researcher in the Health Promotion Laboratory at Western University
- Principal investigator of the Children's Health and Activity Modification Program (“C.H.A.M.P.”) and “C.H.A.M.P. Families” program
- Family-based programs targeting childhood obesity in the London, Ontario community.
- Personal Determinants to Health
- Child and Youth Health
- Research Methodology and Scientific Writing in the Health Sciences
- Faculty of Health Sciences Recognition of Achievement for outstanding contributions to teaching: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013
- “Outstanding Reference Source” award from the American Library Association for: Carron, A. V., & Burke, S. M. (2010). Group cohesion. In J. M. Levine & M. A. Hogg (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Group Processes and Intergroup Relations (pp. 316-320). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Member of the Canadian Obesity Network (CON; 2007-present)
- Member of the North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity (NASPSPA; 2003-present)
- Member of the International Society for Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity (ISBNPA; 2008-present)
- Member of the HealtheSteps Chronic Disease Network (2012-present)
- Member of the International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA; 2012-present)
- Harden, S.M., Burke, S.M., Haile, A.M. & Estabrooks, P.A. (2013). Generalizing the findings from group dynamics-based physical activity research to practice settings: What do we know? Evaluation and the Health Professions.
- Pearson, E.S., Irwin, J.D., Burke, S.M. & Shapiro, S. (2013). Parental perspectives of a 4-week day-camp for children with obesity. Global Journal of Health Science, 5(2), 111-122.