Jamie Melling, PhD
School of Health Studies; School of Kinesiology
Room 221, HSB
519 661-2111 x85374
- BSc, MSc, PhD (Western University)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Roles and mechanisms of intracellular molecular signaling pathways in the development of cardiovascular disease/complications associated with Type I diabetes
- Neurological influence of adrenergic signaling in the expression of stress-related cardioprotective proteins in the heart and vasculature
- Cellular mechanisms involved in exercise-related reductions in glycemia in Type 1 diabetes
- The American Diabetes Association
- The American Physiology Society
- Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology
- Systemic approaches to functional anatomy
- Diabetes, metabolism and exercise
- Olver TD, Grisé KN, McDonald MW, Dey A, Allen MD, Rice CL, Lacefield JC, Melling CWJ, Noble EG & Shoemaker JK. (2014). The Relationship between Blood Pressure and Sciatic Nerve Blood Flow in Rats with 2 Insulin-Treated Experimental Diabetes. Diab Vasc Dis Res. May 22, 11(4), 281-289.
- McDonald MW, Murray MR, Hall KE, Noble EG & Melling CW. (2014). Morphological assessment of pancreatic islet hormone content following aerobic exercise training in rats with poorly controlled Type 1 Diabetes mellitus. Islets. May 15, 6. doi: 10.4161/isl.29221
- Olver TD, McDonald MW, Grisé KN, Dey AD, Allen MD, Medeiros PJ, Lacefield JC, Jackson DN, Rice CL Melling CWJ, Noble EG & Shoemaker JK. (2014). Exercise training enhances insulin-stimulated nerve vasodilation in rats with insulin-treated experimental diabetes. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. Jun 15, 306(12), R941-50.
- Noble EG, Melling CWJ, Shoemaker K, Tikkanen H, Peltonen J, Stuckey M & Petrella RJ. (2013). Innovation to Reduce Cardiovascular Complications of Diabetes at the Intersection of Discovery, Prevention and Knowledge Exchange. Can J Diabetes, 37, 282-293.
- Tompkins R, Melling CWJ, Wilson TD & Shoemaker JK. (2013). Arrangement of sympathetic fibres within the human common peroneal nerve: Implications for microneurography. J Appl Physiol (1985). Nov, 115(10), 1553-61.