Treena Orchard, PhD
School of Health Studies
Room 208, HSB
519 661-2111 x84313
- PhD (Manitoba)
- MA (Memorial)
- BA (Saskatchewan)
Department of Women's Studies
Supervising Graduate Students
- Gender and Health
- Community-based research with a range of different populations,
including female sex workers, Aboriginal men and women, gay men and youth
- Marginalized Populations
- Faculty of Health Sciences Recognition of Excellence in Teaching: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Editorial Positions
- Journal of Sexuality and Culture
- Peer Review Activities
- Invited member of the National Community-Based Research Facilitator Group
- Invited member of the Advisory Committee of the London Sexual Assault Centre
- Invited member of the Ontario HIV Treatment Network (OHTN) Community Based Research Review Committee
- Invited peer reviewer for the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, report for the Federal Ministerial Council on HIV/AIDS
- Orchard T. (2011). ‘What’s the use of getting a cow if you can’t make any money from it’?: the reproduction of inequality within contemporary social reforms of Devadasis. (Invited). In Patty Kelly and Susan Dewey, (eds.). In Laboring Desire: Global Reflections on Sex Work, Survival, and The State, New York: NYU Press, 172-188.
- Hartman L, Mandich A, Magalhães L & Orchard T. (2011). How Do We ‘See’ Occupations? An Examination of Visual Research Methodologies in the Study of Human Occupation. Journal of Occupational Science, 18(4), 292-305.
- Tzemis D, Forrest J, Puskas C, Zhang W, Orchard T, Palmer A, McInnes C, Fernandes K, Montaner J & Hogg R. (2012). Identifying Self-Perceived HIV-Related Stigma in a Population Accessing Antiretroviral Therapy. AIDS Care, 95-102. DOI:10.1080/0954 0121.2012.687809.
- Orchard T, Farr S, Macphail S, Wender C & Young D. (2012). Sex Work in the Forest City: Sex Work Beginnings, Types, and Clientele Among Women in London, Ontario. Sexuality Research and Social Policy, 9(4), 350-362. DOI 10.1007/s13178-012-0097-y
- Orchard T, Farr S, Macphail S, Wender C & Young D. (2012). Resistance, negotiation, and management of identity among women in the sex trade in London, Ontario. Culture, Health & Sexuality. DOI: 10.1080/13691058.2012.750760.
- Shaw L, Jacobs K, Rudman D, Magalhaes L, Huot S, Prodinger B, Mandich A, Hocking C, Akande V, Backman C, Bossers A, Bragg M, Bryson M, Cowls J, Dale Stine S, Dawe E, Dennhardt S, Dennis D, Foster J, Friesen M, Galheigo S, Gichuri J, Hughes I, Isaac A, Jarus T, Kinsella EA, Klinger L, Leyshon R, Lysaght R, McKay E, Orchard T, Phelan S, Ravenek M, Rebeiro Gruhl K, Robb L, Stadnyk R, Sumsion T & Suto M. (2012). Directions for advancing the study of work transitions in the 21st century. Work: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment and Rehabilitation, 41, 369-377.