Marie Savundranayagam, PhD
School of Health Studies
Room 219, HSB
519 661-2111 x82215
- MA, PhD (University of Kansas)
- BA (McMaster)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Communication and formal and informal caregiving
- Person-centered care for individuals with Alzheimer's disease or related dementia
- Caregiver interventions
- Population aging and health
- Physical and psychological changes associated with aging
- Vulnerable populations and aging
- Faculty of Health Sciences: Recognition of Excellence in Teaching (2012, 2013)
- Age Plus Prize: Canadian Institutes of Health Research – Institute of Aging (2005)
- Associate Editor, The Clinical Gerontologist
- Editorial Board, Social Work in Health Care
- Proposal Reviewer – Alzheimer’s Association International Research Grant Program
- Savundranayagam MY & Orange JB. (2011). Relationships between appraisals of caregiver communication strategies and burden among spouses and adult-children. International Psychogeriatrics. DOI:10.1017/S1041610211000408.
- Savundranayagam MY, Dilley LJ & Basting A. (2011). StoryCorps Memory Loss Initiative: Enhancing personhood for storytellers with memory loss. Dementia: The International Journal of Social Research and Practice, 10(3), 415-433. DOI:10.1177/1471301211408123.
- Savundranayagam MY, Montgomery RJV & Kosloski K. (2011). A dimensional analysis of caregiver burden among spouses and adult-children. The Gerontologist, 51(3), 321-331. DOI: 10.1093/geront/gnq102.
- Savundranayagam MY, Montgomery RJV, Kosloski K & Little TD. (2011). Impact of a psychoeducational program on three types of caregiver burden among spouses. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 26(4), 388-296. DOI:10.1002/gps.2538.
- Rowe JM, Savundranayagam MY, Lang J & Montgomery RJV. (2011). Characteristics of creative expression activities: The links between creativity, failure-free, and group process with levels of staff-participation engagement and participant affect in an adult day center. Activities, Adaptation & Aging, 35(4), 315–330.