Marie Savundranayagam, PhD
School of Health Studies
Room 219, HSB
519 661-2111 x82215
- MA, PhD (University of Kansas)
- BA (McMaster)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Communication and formal and informal caregiving
- Person-centered care for individuals with Alzheimer's disease or related dementia
- Caregiver interventions
- Population aging and health
- Physical and psychological changes associated with aging
- Vulnerable populations and aging
- Faculty of Health Sciences: Recognition of Excellence in Teaching (2012, 2013)
- Age Plus Prize: Canadian Institutes of Health Research – Institute of Aging (2005)
- Associate Editor, The Clinical Gerontologist
- Editorial Board, Social Work in Health Care
- Proposal Reviewer – Alzheimer’s Association International Research Grant Program
- Savundranayagam, M.Y. (2013). Receiving while giving: The differential roles of Receiving help and satisfaction with help on caregiver rewards among spouses and adult-children. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Watson, B., Aizawa, L.D., Savundranayagam, M.Y. & Orange, J.B. (2012). Links among communication, dementia, and caregiver burden. Canadian Journal of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology, 36(4), 276-283.
- Savundranayagam, M.Y. (2012). Person-centered care: Measurement, implementation, and outcomes. Clinical Gerontologist, 35(4), 357-359.