Your 2017 Annual Pension Statement is being issued this month. This important document outlines your account changes in 2017, your personal rate of return and projections of the income that may be possible when you retire.
This is the first annual statement to be issued by Sun Life Financial, which became the record keeper for the Western Pension Plans in January 2017.
- Annual statements are now issued in January (previously April).
- An electronic copy of your statement will be posted to your Sun Life member account this week (sign-in to www.sunlife.ca/western).
- Your annual statement is also printed and mailed to your home, unless you have elected to go paperless.
- A mid-year electronic statement is posted to your member account each July.
- The income projection included in your statement can be personalized by completing the Retirement Planner tool in your member account.
- Later in January, a 2017 Commentary on behalf of the Joint Pension Board will be posted in your Sun Life member account under News & Announcements and it will also be available on the Western HR website under Pension. A link will be posted on this web page.
- Investment advice on your Western Pension Plan is available by calling Sun Life at 1-866-733-8612. Ask to speak with an Investment Advice Specialist.
Annual Meetings and 1:1s
In May 2018 Annual Pension Plan Meetings will be held to share the Joint Pension Board’s reflections on 2017 and initiatives for 2018. As well as a guest speaker, education sessions will be held on campus and Sun Life Education Consultants will be available for one-on-one consultations regarding your investment options and to provide account management support. More details will be shared in April.
Questions about your Pension Account at Sun Life? Contact Sun Life at 1-866-733-8612.
Questions about this email? Contact Western HR at email@example.com or call 519-661-2194.