Workshops & Planning Tools
Upcoming Information and Education Opportunities
Planning your journey to retirement, determining your retirement income goals, and building a plan to get you there, can take some work, but help is available. Western Pension Plan members have access to many tools, education opportunities and information to help you consider the possibilities, and see what kind of savings you should be making to have the retirement income and lifestyle you desire.
Workshops and Consultations
- sunLife.ca/western – As our primary provider of member services for the Western Pension Plan, Sun Life Financial offers an extensive suite of tools and resources to help you make the most of your Western Pension Plan including calculators, webinars, articles and financial planning tips for all stages of your life.
- Investment Advice – For investment advice on your Western Pension Plan, you can speak with a licensed Investment Advice Specialist at Sun Life Financial who can provide you with personal, unbiased, one-on-one investment advice on your Western Pension Plan, and
what makes sense for you. Call 1-866-733-8612 any business day between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET to speak with an Investment Advice Specialist today!
- GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca – This is a website founded by the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) that provides unbiased and independent financial tools to help you make better financial decisions. It covers all areas of banking, saving, investing, as well as planning for retirement and all the life events along the way.
- Canada.ca – The official site for the federal government with access to information and services on pensions and benefits you may be eligible for upon retirement. Information on pensions and retirement is located in the Money and Finances section and includes a step-by-step Retirement Income Calculator to help you estimate your retirement income including OAS, CPP, employer pensions and other sources of income.
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAF) – The FCAF is an independent body working to protect and inform consumers of financial products and services. Topics on planning your retirement can be found under Life Events for Consumers and include how much will you need to retire, understanding Canada’s retirement income system, when you should start saving for retirement and sources of retirement income.