International Week offers a variety of activities and events for members of the campus community to attend and learn more about Western's International efforts.
Western is focused on becoming a global leader in international education. As part of this international strategy the Staff Working Group on International Engagement (SIE) is developing opportunities for Western staff to participate and lead initiatives that reach beyond our campus.
To encourage global awareness and impact, Western’s staff international engagement group is establishing partnerships with several leading development organizations. We invite you investigate how to become involved and share your talents aimed at benefiting society and increasing our collective global awareness.
As new international opportunities are developed for staff engagement they will be posted on this website. If you have questions/suggestions regarding staff international engagement please contact:
Join students, faculty, staff and community members in celebrating diversity on campus and exploring international opportunities, programs and discussions. An action-packed schedule of more than 50 cultural events, workshops, presentations and special events is planned. Highlights for staff include:
- Nov. 12, 4-7pm - Western Goes Global: Cultural Showcase (Mustang Lounge)
- Nov. 16, 12-3:30pm – International Week Opening Celebration
- Nov. 17, 4-7pm – World’s Challenge Challenge
- Nov. 18, 10:30-11:30am – Not Lost in Translation: Intercultural Communication
- Nov. 19, 1-2pm – Author & Critic Panel: International Education in Global Times with Paul Tarc, Fac. of Ed.
- Nov. 19, 2-3:30pm – Global London Café
- Nov. 19, 3:30-6pm – Journeys of Migration: Centre for Research on Migration & Ethnic Relations
- Nov. 20, 11:30am-1:30pm – Cultural Community Tour: Downtown London, Then and Now
Full schedule and event details or download the Guidebook App on your smart phone and use code "westernstudent2015"
Visit the Western International booth in the UCC Atrium all week and enter our Passport Contest.
Experience Vietnam! a delicious celebration of Vietnamese food and culture organized by the Western Staff Working Group on International Engagement (SIE) provided a great opportunity for Western staff to learn more about this county. Watch for future cultural/food opportunities.
Congratulations to Michele Parkin and David Tweddell on being selected to represent Western in the 2015/16 Leave for Change Program. David travelled recently to a post in Vietnam as a Partnership Development Advisor. In January/February of 2016 Michele will be working with 21 tea companies through the Tea Association of Malawi (TAML). Check out Michele and David's L4C information pages.
David Tweddell, a member of Western's Research Department was recently in Vietnam with Leave for Change. Check out his journey on the Staff International Experience blog.