Department of Mathematics
University of Western Ontario
Middlesex College 116
Email: kkapulki 'at' uwo.ca
- Higher Category Theory and Homotopy Theory
- Univalent Foundations and Homotopy Type Theory
- Formalization of Mathematics
- Categorical Methods
- Brandon Doherty, PhD student, 2017-?.
- Koundinya Vajjha, MSc student, 2017-18.
Academic year 2017-18
Upcoming and ongoing
- Organizer (j/w D. Christensen) of the HoTT Electronic Seminar Talks, 2018.
- Organizer (j/w R. Jardine) of the Geometry and Topology Seminar at Western, 2017-18.
- Participant at the AMS Spring Southeastern Sectional Meeting, Vanderbilt University, April 14-15, 2018.
- Organizer of the conference From the Fundamental Lemma to Discrete Geometry, to Formal Verification (a conference in honor of Thomas C. Hales on the occasion of his 60th birthday), University of Pittsburgh, June 18-22, 2018.
- Program Committee member for the workshop HoTT/UF 2018, Oxford, July 7-8, 2018.
- Visiting Fellow at the Center for Advanced Study at the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters (research group: Homotopy Type Theory and Univalent Foundations), Fall 2018.
Selected past activities
- Organizer of Workshop and School on Univalent Mathematics, Birmingham, UK, December 11-15, 2017.
- Participant of the Big Proof program at Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Summer 2017.
- Lead organizer of the AMS Math Research Communities Workshop on Homotopy Type Theory, June 4-10, 2017.
- Receipient of the Interdisciplinary Postdoctoral Research Funding (C$11,000) for the project Cryptographic Multilinear Maps, 2016-17.
- Organizer of the Workshop on Homotopy Type Theory and Univalent Foundations, Fields Institute, May 16-20, 2016.
- Receipient of the Thomas C. Hales Distinguished Research Award for the best dissertation written by a graduate student in mathematics at the University of Pittsburgh, 2014.
- Visiting student at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, 2012-13.