Guidelines for Edited Collection
The International Centre for Olympic Studies (ICOS) will produce a peer-reviewed collection of edited contributions from the Symposium papers. In an effort to foster this dissemination worldwide, and following a global trend in scholarly production, the edited collection will be provided to all delegates in electronic format, as well through LA84, reinforcing ICOS’ positive stance on open access policies. ICOS no longer produces hard copies of Symposium papers.
- Any presenter who wishes their paper to be considered for the Edited Collection. (Presenters who do not want their papers to be considered for the Edited Collection, please do not submit your work).
- The paper must be original research.
- It must not be submitted for consideration for publication elsewhere.
- It must not have undergone peer-review for any other conference or journal.
- Only one paper per author will be considered for publication. Multiple submissions by the same author will not be accepted.
- Full papers are due August 1, 2014.
- Notice of acceptance and revisions will be emailed to the authors by August 15, 2014.
- Final copies for publication are due September 1, 2014.
- The paper must conform to the following specifications:
- 2,000-2,500 words, not including endnotes (papers that do not fit precisely within these limits will not be considered)
- include cover page with title and full contact information
- use 12-point, Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins, double spaced
- all citations must conform to the ICOS style guidelines available on the ICOS web site; the ICOS style guide follows the humanities convention of the Chicago Manual of Style
- all papers must be in English
- send via email to Janice Forsyth: email@example.com
- MS-Word *.docx is preferred, but *.doc, *rtf, and *.odt documents will be acceptable
- The first author shall attend the conference and present the paper.
ICOS at Western Libraries
Health Sciences Building
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Western provides the best student experience among Canada's leading research-intensive universities.