BA Carleton; MA, PhD York
- Associate Professor
- Joint Appointment with Department of Women's Studies and Feminist Research
- Twentieth-Century Continental Philosophy, Feminist Philosophy, Phenomenology
Phone: 519-661-2111 ext. 85752
Office: Stevenson Hall, Room 3143
- PHIL 3555G - Continental Philosophy
- Co-editor (with Christina Schües and Dorothea Olkowski) Time in Feminist Phenomenology, Indiana University Press 2011
- Co-editor (with Gabrielle Hiltmann, Dorothea Olkowski and Anne Reichhold) The Other: Feminist reflections in Ethics, Palgrave Publishers, 2007.
- Co-editor with Mauro Carbone of Chiasmi International: Trilingual Studies Concerning Merleau-Ponty’s Thought. Volume title: Vie et Individuation, vol. 7(2005).
Book Chapters Authored
- "Intermittent Relations: Questioning ‘Homeland’ Through Yael Bartana’s Wild Seeds", in Christina Schües, Dorothea Olkowski and Helen Fielding (eds.), Time in Feminist Phenomenology, Indiana University Press, 2011
- "The Invisible Interlacing between Fleshes: Conversation between Luce Irigaray and Helen A. Fielding”. In Luce Irigaray, Ed. Conversations, London: Continuum, 2008, pp. 107-121 (extension of interview previously published in Continental Philosophy Review).
- "White Logic and the Constancy of Colour", Feminist Interpretations of Merleau-Ponty, Eds. Dorothea Olkowski and Gail Weiss, State Park: Pennsylvania State University Press, 2006: 71-89.
- “Multiple moving perceptions of the real: Arendt, Merleau-Ponty and Truitt” Hypatia (special issue on embodiment and ethics). 26.3 (2011): 518-534.
- “This Body of Art: The Singular Plural of the Feminine”, Journal of the British Society for Phenomenology, 36.3 (October 2005): 277-292.
- "Questioning Nature: Irigaray, Heidegger and the Potentiality of Matter", Continental Philosophy Review, 36.1: 2003: 1-26 .