BA, D.Phil Oxford
- Logic and Philosophy of Mathematics
Phone: 519-661-2111 ext. 85750
Office: Stevenson Hall, Room 4130
- PHIL 2251F - Conceptual Development of Mathematics
- PHIL 3201B - Special Topics in Logical Theory
- PHIL 9300 - Philosophy of Mathematics
- (With A.B. Slomson) Models and Ultraproducts: An Introduction. North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1969. (3 printings.) Republished by Dover, 2006.
- Set Theory: Boolean-Valued Models and Independence Proofs. Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1977. 3rd edition, 2005.
- The Continuous and the Infinitesimal in Mathematics and Philosophy. Polimetrica, Milano, 2005.
- "Incompleteness in a General Setting." Forthcoming in Bulletin of Symbolic Logic.
- "Cover Schemes, Frame-Valued Sets and Their Potential Uses in Spacetime Physics." Forthcoming, Spacetime Physics Research Trends, Horizons in World Physics, Volume 248, Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2007.
- "Abstract and Variable Sets in Category Theory." In What is Category Theory?, Polimetrica, 2006.
- "Choice Principles in Intuitionistic Set Theory." In A Logical Approach to Philosophy, Essays in Honour of Graham Solomon, D. DeVidi and T. Kenyon, eds., Springer, 2006.
- (With Geoffrey Hellman) "Pluralism and the Foundations of Mathematics." Forthcoming, Proceedings of Workshop on Scientific Pluralism, University of Minnesota, 2002. Minnesota University Press, 2006.
- "Cosmological Theories and the Question of the Existence of a Creator." Forthcoming in Religion and the Challenges of Science, Ashgate Publishers, 2007.
- "Oppositions and Paradoxes in Mathematics and Philosophy." Axiomathes15, 2005.
- "Divergent Concepts of the Continuum in 19th and Early 20th Century Mathematics and Philosophy." Axiomathes15, 2005.
- "The Development of Categorical Logic." Handbook of Philosophical Logic, Volume 12. Springer, 2005.
- "Continuity and Infinitesimals." Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, 2005.
- "Whole and Part in Mathematics." Axiomathes14, 2004.
- "Russell's Paradox and Diagonalization in a Constructive Context." 100 Years of Russell’s Paradox, Munich 2001, Walter de Gruyter, 2004.