BA York; PhD MIT
- Distinguished University Professor
- Philosophy of Language, Epistemology and Philosophy of Mind, Philosophical Issues in Cognitive Science
Phone: 519-661-2111 ext. 84291
Office: Stevenson Hall, Room 3126
- PHIL 3260G - Theories of Meaning
- PHIL 4210F/9xxx - Problems in Philosophy of Language: Topic: the metaphysical and methodological foundations of theoretical linguistics
- PHIL 9727 - Problems in Philosophy of Language
- The Semantics-Pragmatics Boundary in Philosophy (co-edited with Maite Ezcurdia). Broadview, Peterborough. ON.
- Concise Encyclopedia of Philosophy of Language and Linguistics (co-edited with Alex Barber). Elsevier, Oxford: 2010.
- Philosophy and Death: Introductory Readings. (co-edited with Samantha Brennan). Broadview, Peterborough, ON: 2010
- Words and Thoughts: Subsentences, Ellipsis and the Philosophy of Language. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006.
- Knowledge and Mind. (With Andrew Brook). Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2000.
- Philosophical Perspectives on Language. Peterborough, ON: Broadview, 1996.
For additional publications, please go to
Western provides the best student experience among Canada's leading research-intensive universities.