The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program is a two-year appointment designed to support young investigators. Each scholar will have the opportunity to be mentored by a senior researcher, to network within a community of top-tier research leaders, and to form new collaborations with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
A CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar will receive:
• $100,000 CDN in undesignated research support
• A two-year appointment to a CIFAR research program
• Specialized leadership and communication skills training
Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree and be within five years of their first full-time academic appointment. Scholars’ research must align with the themes of an eligible CIFAR research program. In the 2018 competition, the eligible programs are:
All applications must be submitted online through the Global Scholars application website by February 22, 2018, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8)
A full application will include:
1. Summary Section (150 words each):
2. Detailed Section:
3. A current CV as one .pdf document
4. You must arrange to have two letters of recommendation submitted to your online application:
The application submission deadline is February 22, 2018, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8). The letters of recommendation must also be submitted by this date and time.
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (email@example.com) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.
Full program description: https://www.cifar.ca/wp-content/uploads/GlobalScholars_ProgramDescription_2018.pdf