The Canadian Medical Hall of Fame honours Canada’s medical heroes, aiming to thereby inspire youth to pursue careers in the health sciences. Inductees’ outstanding and pioneering contributions to health science, whether single meritorious contributions or lifetimes of accomplishment, have led to extraordinary improvements in human health. While a significant proportion of laureates are scientists, the Hall seeks to be representative of the full breadth of health leadership and excellence in research, clinical care, illness prevention, education, and health administration. Six nominees are inducted each year.
Individuals or organizations can nominate individuals for induction.
Nominees must be either:
• Canadian citizens or
• non-citizens for whom the achievement(s) under consideration was/were largely developed while living in Canada.
Nominees may be recognized for their leadership in one or more of the following categories:
1. Building excellence in health
2. Health promotion, illness prevention, and care
3. Research, with national and international recognition for a scientific contribution
A complete nomination package will consist of:
• For nomination by individuals, two separate letters or one co-signed letter
• For nomination by an organization, one nomination letter signed on its behalf
Nomination form (online at www.cdnmedhall.org/nominateform/form.php)
• Includes a 250 word citation clearly stating the contribution(s) justifying induction
The final submission deadline is Monday, June 27, 2016
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Research Development & Services regarding this award and the nomination process.