Please ensure you read the following steps before submitting your protocol.
- Research takes place, or uses equipment, in a medical or health care setting
- Uses or relates to medical health records
- Research that is deemed minimal-risk to patients and participants
- Chart reviews are eligible for Delegated Level 1 review
- Anything minimal-risk and approved for Delegated review with a Letter of Information will be reviewed as a Delegated Level 2
*the research that is taking place over-rides the Faculty the Principle Investigator is in. If you have questions about which board to submit to please contact the office.
- Supporting documentation (surveys, letters of consent). (Samples)
How to Submit your Protocol
- Submit the protocol and supporting documentation electronically using ROMEO.
- Effective January 1, 2013, the Delegated HSREB no longer accepts documents in hard copy. This includes the original submission and all post-approval forms (revisions, deviations, continuing ethics review forms, FYI forms, etc.).
Level 1: Reviewed two weeks after they are received. These are no deadlines.
Level 2: Deadlines apply. (2013 deadlines)
Submission deadline is 12 p.m. (noon). Early submissions are accepted, but late submissions will be held over to the following deadline date and meeting.
- Ensure all required sections of the submission form are filled out completely
- Ensure all supporting documentation (Letters of Information, Assent Letters, Telephone and Email Scripts, and Questionnaires) follow the suggestions template and guidelines.