Transferring Grants at Western
Transfer my Grant to Western
Transfer Your Grant To Western From Another Institution
This information is based on Western's policies and procedures. Please check with your current institution and funding agency for additional transfer procedures to ensure a smooth transfer of your grant funds.
Complete and Sign the Sponsor Funding Transfer Information Form and return it to the Research Development & Services, Western.
Guidelines for Transferring a Grant from:
Transfer my Grant From Western
Transfer Your Grant From Western to Another Institution
This information is based on Western's policies and procedures and Agency requirements. Please check with your future hosting institution for additional transfer procedures to ensure a smooth transfer of your grant funds.
Transferring to NSERC/SSHRC:
The following documents should be forwarded to the Agency's Finance Division.
- From the Grantee:
- notification stating the date of departure from the Institution
- From the former Institution (Research Finance, Suite 6100 Support Services Bldg):
- a signed Statement of Account (Form 300) up to the date of departure
- a detailed list of Outstanding Commitments (Form 303) made by the Grantee prior to the transfer including employment contracts/agreements for research personnel.
- From the new Institution:
- a letter from the President of the Institution or his/her delegate, countersigned by the appropriate department head or dean, giving the date of appointment and academic status at the new Institution; the letter and signatures certify that the President of the Institution or his/her delegate agree to abide by all Agency policies and requirements.
Transferring to CHIR:
A grant is awarded in response to an application to conduct research in a specified Canadian institution or organization. Applications are signed by officials of that institution. A grantee may seek to transfer the grant to another institution by forwarding:
- A new, completed copy of page one of the Research Module duly countersigned by the appropriate authorities at the new institution;
- A revised CV module cover page with the new address;
- The grantee should include a letter stating:
- the project title
- an estimate of the remaining grant funds available at the current institution
- and the effective date of the transfer;
- The principal grantee must notify any co-grantees to make their own arrangements regarding the allocation of funds. Under normal circumstances CIHR allows for each research grant to be administered at only one institution; and
- Arrangements will then be made to transfer a portion of the unexpended balance of the grant. The remainder of the unexpended balance will be transferred upon receipt of a final statement of expenditures from the business office (Research Finance) of the institution to which the award was originally made.