Dean's Honor List
Undergraduate students with exceptional academic records are named to the Dean’s Honor List in May and August of each year.
- In May of each year the Dean of each faculty establishes an Honor List containing the names of all full time students registered in that Faculty who completed a minimum of 4.0 courses during the previous Fall/Winter Session (September - April) and earned an average for the session of 80% or more with no failed courses.
- Part-time students may qualify for the list in May or August each time they accumulate a new set of at least 5.0 consecutive courses and earn an 80% average with no failed courses within that set.
- Full or part-time graduating students who attained Dean’s Honor List standing at their last checkpoint and maintained a cumulative average of 80% on any courses taken from then until graduation will be named to the Dean’s Honor List upon graduation.
Note: Grades received on a Letter of Permission will be included in the average. Courses taken on Letter of Permission will continue to be recorded on the basis of the numerical or alpha grades issued by the host institution.
- Students who go on an exchange will be eligible for the with distinction designation on graduation if they pass all of the courses taken on exchange and meet the criteria for with distinction in all other years.
- Students will not be eligible for the Dean’s Honor List in the year that they are on exchange.
- Students who go on exchange in the final year of their degree program will not be eligible for the Gold Medal in their program.
- Students also need to be aware that certain graduate programs, professional schools, and other postgraduate programs normally require original transcripts from the exchange year and use these grades in their evaluations.
See the Academic Handbook for more detailed information about the Dean's Honor Lists.