Science Academic Counselling Appointments
UPCOMING DISRUPTIONS TO COUNSELLING SCHEDULES:
Thursday, July 30th: Office closing at 12pm
Friday, July 31st: Office closing at 3pm
Monday, August 3rd: Office closed
Tuesday, August 4th: NO drop in counselling
Wednesday, August 12th: NO drop in counselling
Booked appointments vs. Drop-in counselling
- Same-day academic counselling
- Students can meet with an academic counsellor for up to 15 minutes
- First come, first served; waiting involved during busy periods and spots are not guaranteed!
- Drop-in counselling is recommended if you:
- Are requesting accommodation for missed course work due to compassionate reasons
- Require assistance that will involve 15 minutes or less of the counsellor's time
- How to sign up?
- Sign in with the academic counselling assistant at the front desk – we are located in Western Science Centre, Room 140
- Morning sign in begins at 9:30am
- Afternoon sign in begins at 1:45pm
Back to Top
- Are booked 1-2 weeks in advance
- Students can meet with a counsellor for up to 30 minutes
- Book an appointment if you:
- Are concerned about your academic performance
- Assistance planning courses for Exchange
- Are considering a 2nd degree or deferring graduation
- Have been admitted to Western and need help with evaluating your previous academic background
- How to request a booked appointment?
- Use our Appointment Request form; please be as specific as possible and ensure your e-mail address and student number are correct.
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @westernuSCIAC to keep informed of changes.
Fall/Winter (September - April) Counselling Hours:
Drop-in: Monday - Friday (10:00am - Noon) and Monday - Thursday (2:00pm - 4:00pm)
Booked Appointments: Monday - Thursday (10:00am - Noon) and (2:00pm - 4:00pm)
Summer (June - August) Counselling Hours:
Drop-in: Monday - Friday (10:00am - Noon)
Booked Appointments: Monday - Thursday (1:30pm - 3:30pm)
*Drop-in appointments are not guaranteed; there are limited spots each day. Please do not drive long distances without calling first to determine wait times or availabilty.
Booked appointments are normally scheduled a week or more in advance, however, during peak periods there may be a wait time of up to three weeks for a booked appointment. If your questions are time-sensitive, please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or come to drop-in counselling.
Requesting an appointment does not guarantee you will receive one and so some students will be asked to use other services such as Drop-in Academic Counselling or Department Counselling.
Back to Top