Graduating in June 2013?
What you Need to Know
- The deadline to apply online was March 15, 2013. You can submit a Late Application to graduate, along with the $72 fee, until April 30. [Must be done in person at Student Central OR call the Helpline at 519-661-2100]
- Make sure to check the convocation website for helpful information and FAQs - everything from how to print convocation tickets to parking to how to pick up your diploma if you don't attend the convocation ceremony
- June Convocation dates can be found here.
- 3-year and 4-year Bachelor of Science degrees: Wednesday June 12, 2013 (afternoon)
- Bachelor of Medical Sciences degrees: Thursday June 13, 2013 (morning)
- Honors Bachelor of Science degrees: Thursday June 13, 2013 (afternoon)
Looking for Extra Tickets?
Note that EVERY graduate will receive 4 tickets for guests. Graduates do not need a ticket. If you wish to request more tickets, follow the instructions found here
When will your Graduation be Confirmed?
When all the grades have been submitted, you will be adjudicated for eligibility to graduate. Once that has been completed, you will see your graduation status in Student Centre. Look for "View Graduation Status" under My Academics.
You should see your graduation status by the end of May. If you don't, contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. [Please include your name and student number.]
Are You Eligible to Graduate?
- If you would like to assess your own eligibility to graduate, use our Degree Completion Checklist
- Note that Degree Audit may give you false information if you have any advanced standing credits, special permissions, and/or if your modules have common courses. We recommend using our Degree Completion Checklist instead.
- If you have any specific questions about your eligibility to graduate, e-mail those to us at email@example.com.
Check Your Degree AND Module(s) CAREFULLY
- Go to Student Center and follow the link 'My Program' under My Academics
- If you need to change your degree or module(s), submit a change of status request form to our office by April 30 if you plan to graduate in June.
NOTE: There is a difference between a 4-year non-honors degree and an honors degree. If you are planning to graduate with an honors degree, make sure your degree says 'honors'. If you're not sure, e-mail us right away for confirmation - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to Withdraw your Application to Graduate in June?
Go to Student Central in the Western Student Services Building BEFORE May 1 and submit the form to cancel your application or call the Helpline at 519-661-2100. The online application for Fall Convocation (October) will become available in early July.