Our staff and International Learning Ambassadors are available to meet with you, answer questions, and share their experiences during in-person and virtual drop-in hours. Service during drop-in hours is conducted on a first-come first-serve basis.
In-person drop-in service:
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 12 pm; Wednesday to Friday, 1 to 4 pm
2nd floor, International & Graduate Affairs Building
Virtual drop-in service is available on Zoom:
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 1 to 4 pm
(from September 15 to December 3, 2021 and from January 5 to April 1, 2022)
Go Abroad Information Sessions for Western Students
Join an information session to learn about international learning opportunties at home or abroad. Staff and volunteers will provide information, answer questions about the application process and provide further details for you to explore. With more than 170 learning programs in over 40 countries - there are many possibilities!
Fall 2021 term (September 24 to December 3):
Fridays from 12 - 1 pm
Information sessions for the Fall term will be hosted on Zoom, and to receive the Zoom link click here.
- Please register for the session you would to attend via the link above and the Zoom details will then be sent to you via email.
- If you are having connection issues, you are welcome to join by phone. Please note that you may incur long distances charges based on where you are located and your phone plan.
- Please connect with us via phone or email to request the join by phone information, you can find our contact information here.
Winter 2022 term (January 7 to April 1):
Fridays from 12 - 1 pm
Information sessions for the Winter term will be hosted in the Chu Centre, International and Graduate Affairs Building (IGAB), Second Floor, unless otherwise noted.
Virtual drop-in tips
To use Zoom you will need to install the Zoom app on your computer or mobile device.
IMPORTANT: Select Sign In with SSO. On the Sign In with SSO screen, enter westernuniversity, then click Continue.
- How to Use Zoom (PDF)
- Virtual advising relies on a secure, quality wifi connection. Please ensure that you have a good connection prior to your appointment. If not, please use the telephone option to connect.
- Zoom conferencing by telephone is available in 90+ regions around the world.
Zoom worldwide telephone numbers
- If you are in a public setting, you are responsible for the information communicated in your meeting. We highly recommend that you wear headphones to ensure that others surrounding you are not privy to any personal or academic information that may be discussed.