Controlled Substances

decorative image of scientist holding a vial of a controlled substance

The use of all controlled substances (e.g., Cannabis, opioids, ketamine, Euthanyl, diazepam, etc.) is regulated by Health Canada. Principal Investigators must apply for a Controlled Substance Exemption or a Licence through Health Canada to be able to purchase, hold and use controlled substances in research.