Hellmuth Prizes 2021
The Hellmuth Prizes for Achievement in Research provide a way for all members of the Western community to appreciate and celebrate the research achievement of our most distinguished faculty members in all research areas. Two prizes (consisting of a plaque and a $1,500 cash award) will be presented at a public ceremony in the spring, with each winner making a short address. Hellmuth Prize winners are introduced at the Spring Convocation of the School of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies. The prize consists of a $1500 cash award and a plaque.
Each faculty may submit one candidate for each Prize. A complete nomination package includes the following:
- A covering letter (one page), signed by the Dean, briefly explaining the particular significance of the research contributions of the nominee (It may be useful to highlight a few specific publications or other contributions that justify the nomination);
- A one-two page Nomination Rationale:
- A detailed narrative of the candidate’s career, indicating why s/he is deserving of the prize,
- Outlines how and why the candidate’s work is original and significant,
anyevidence of the nationaland international impact of the candidate’s career and their reputation,
- May include links to online materials;
- A Lay Summary of up to 100 words (primarily used for promotional material);
- Up to three objective letters of support. It would be most useful to the selection committee if the letters are from experts outside of Western in order to highlight the significance and impact of the nominee’s research beyond the university;
- A current CV including a list of publications.
The Hellmuth internal adjudication and selection process is managed by Research Western. The awards will be adjudicated by a selection committee chaired by the Vice-President (Research). The committee will have an
Indirect costs are not supported by this program.
The nomination submission deadline is Monday, February 1, 2021.
Final nomination packages must be compiled into one .pdf file and submitted directly to email@example.com
Interested parties are encouraged to consult with Julaine Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Awards & Distinctions at Research Western regarding this prize and the nomination process.