Become a Digital Community Influencer!
Do you have an interest in content creation? Passionate about equity and representation on social media? Apply now for the position of Digital Community Influencer! Note: this is a volunteer opportunity.
Deadline to apply: August 9th, 2021.
About the Position:
Digital Community Influencers will be a part of the Student Experience Digital Engagement Advisory Committee. This committee strives to prioritize the voices and values from those with lived experience; it is dedicated to keeping equity in all conversations, challenging the status quo, and meeting students where they are. Students accepted will have the opportunity to shape the conversations we have in digital spaces.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings to provide feedback on Student Experience Digital Content, including social media posts, videos, Thrive Online blogs, and other digital content as needed.
- Share your voice, ideas, and opinions with the Student Experience Digital Engagement Team.
- Write at least one blog post.
- Participate in photography + videography initiatives.
- Complete training and professional development as needed
- Help to ensure that Student Experience digital content is equity-driven, inclusive, and engaging for the student community.
All Western students currently enrolled for the upcoming term are eligible, this includes:
- Full-time + Part-time students
- Affiliate Students (Huron, Bresica + Kings)
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate + Professional students
The Digital Community Influencer contract runs from September – August.
- 1 Year: Available to all students; will run from September 2021 – August 2022.
Successful applicants will be those who are comfortable expressing their opinions, while respectfully listening and engaging with others. They should be comfortable navigating digital spaces and be able to think creatively and critically.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.