Book Your Class in WALS for 2015-2016
Due to the success of WALS, we are seeing interest in teaching in WALS outstripping its capacity. As a result, Institutional Planning and Budgeting and the Teaching Support Centre have collaborated to develop a new booking policy for the 2015-16 academic year that balances equity, access and student learning in WALS.
Procedure for booking WALS for 2015-16 academic year
- A new booking form will be used for booking WALS for the 15-16 academic year; this form will be shared with current and past WALS instructors before the form is available on the WALS website.
- Current requests for the 15-16 academic year will need to be re-submitted using the new form.
- The new booking form will be accessible via the WALS website on February 23rd.
- Classroom scheduling will begin after March 9th.
- If two or more courses request the same time slot, the TSC will endeavor to coordinate with the offering department and course instructor to offer other available time slots in WALS.
You can find more information about the new booking policy here:
We’ve also posted a new booking request form that includes some new sections, including a space to describe your course's "fit" for WALS. If you have already submitted a request to book a course in WALS for the 2015-2016 year, you will need to submit a new request form. This will help us to ensure equity and clarity going forward with bookings for the 2015-2016 year.If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to get in touch with Gavan Watson.