Health & Wellness Services for Employees
Choose the services, benefits and activities you need and enjoy being well! Western employees can drop in on free group classes, such as meditation, Zumba and yoga, take advantage of a great mix of benefits and a selection of wellness resources to help you be your best, healthiest you.
- Living Well @ Western - Yoga, Zumba, Pilates, meditation, yoga, and more free, on-campus activities to improve your health and wellness
- Wellness Calendar - check out the upcoming Living Well and other activities on Western's Event calendar and the Western Wellness calendar.
- Get inspired! Visit Campus Recreation today. Memberships to the Western Student Recreation Centre are available to employees.
Western knows that your health is important to you. Our benefits packages include coverage that can help in many ways - dental coverage, extended health benefits such as coverage for massage and physiotherapy, life insurance, educational assistance and more. To find out more about all the benefits available to you, please visit the Human Resource webpage "Your Benefits" and select your employee group.
- The Western Workplace Health Clinic provides occupational health surveillance, occupational and non-occupational medical care and treatment, and a safe space to share both work and personal health concerns and/or issues.
- The Western Family Practice Clinic is open to full-time employees and their immediate family (spouse and children), who do not have a family physician.
- The Employee (and family) Assistance Program (EAP) provides immediate and confidential assistance for any work, health or life concern.
- The Western Ergonomics Program includes
worksiteassessment, design consultation, descriptions of physical demands, job coaching and returnto work assessments.
- Western Health, Safety and Well-being works with individuals, departments and faculties to ensure a safe working environment.
- First Aid and CPR training - is provided on campus by SERT - the Student Emergency Response Team
- Employee Health & Well-being Services promotes employee health and wellness and strives to minimize the impact associated with disability throughout the organization. The team provides support when you are on sick leave, long-term disability and helps with transition or return to work when it is time.
On July 1, 2019, Western went smoke-free to create a healthier and cleaner campus for everyone who studies, lives, works or visits Western.
- Read more about our smoke-free campus at Let's Clear the Air Here.
- Want to quit smoking? - Western can help you if you're ready to quit smoking.
- Your Western Pension - login to check your current balance and your chosen investments.
- Western Pension workshops and information sessions - includes full-day retirement workshops, financial literacy sessions, and an annual meeting for Pension Plan members.
- The Drug and Alcohol Helpline is a service operated by ConnexOntario Health Service
that provides information about drug and alcohol addiction services in Ontario. They are funded by the Government of Ontario. The service is live answer 24/7, confidential, and free. Phone 1-800-565-8603 or visit drugandalcoholhelpline.ca.
- Western's Employee (and family) Assistance Program (EAP) is LifeWorks by Morneau Shepell. It provides immediate and confidential assistance for any work, health or life concern.
- Alcoholics Anonymous meetings offer information, support, and help toward recovery.