Mental Wellbeing

A good place to start if you are in crisis, or need to talk to someone, is to speak with your family doctor.  Your family doctor may already know you and your family, and may be in the best position to offer advice and help.  You may also go to a walk-in clinic for assistance.

Western also has a number of resources that you may access, as a faculty or staff member.

The most important thing is to ask for assistance.

Faculty / Staff Resources

Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)

EFAP is a confidential and voluntary support service, provided by Morneau Shepell that can help you to optimize your current wellbeing, or to take the first step toward change. You can access help to find solutions to the challenges you face at any age and stage of your life. At no cost to you, you and your family members can access immediate and confidential support in a way that is most suited to your communication preferences, comfort level and lifestyle. We know that when you and your family are well, you can bring your best self to work. EFAP is part of our efforts to continuously improve the programs we offer to support you and your family's well-being.

Visit website

Workplace Health

(519) 661-2047
UCC Rm 25 (lower level)
Visit website

Rehabilitation Services

Support Services Building, Room 4159
Visit website
  • promotes employee health and wellness
  • provides support to staff and faculty and departments regarding medical absence and accomodation
  • provides assistance with accessing supports and resources

Equity and Human Rights Services

(519) 661-3334 ext. 83334
Somerville House, Room 2319
Visit website

  • Western ensures that each individual has genuine access to employment opportunities that are free from artificial barriers, systemic or otherwise
  • This office implements the University's policies on harassment, discrimination and employment equity
  • They provide confidential assistance, advice, and mediation services and assist with filing complaints