Submitting Research to the NMREB
Please ensure you read the following steps before submitting your protocol.
Faculties that typically submit to the Non-Medical REB*
- Arts & Humanities
- Don Wright Faculty of Music
- Information and Media Studies
- Social Science
- Richard Ivey School of Business
* The type of research taking place overrides the Principal Investigator's faculty. If you have questions about which board to submit to, please see the To Which Human Research Ethics Board Should I Submit webpage.
- The NMREB needs to understand exactly what a participant will experience in the study, and/or how the researcher will carry out their work involving human participants and/or their data. This includes providing a full description of study activities, submitting all supporting documentations (e.g., study instruments such as surveys, interviews, experimental stimuli, observation guides, data collection forms, etc.; recruitment documents; letter of information and consent documents; support resources, if applicable; etc.; Samples), and providing any relevant information to the Board regarding the context in which the research will be conducted.)
- Submit the protocol and supporting documentation electronically using WesternREM (WREM)
All revised study documents must have version dates (e.g., dd/mmm/yyyy) in the footer of all study documents. Version dates identify the latest edition of study documents. Version dates, including the day, written month and year should be included in the footer of all study documents. If a study document requires further modification based on comments received during the REB review process, the version date must be modified to reflect the most recent edition of the study document.
Please also ensure to submit one copy with tracked changes and a clean copy of all revised study document(s).
If a study was initially approved in ROMEO requires an Amendment please ensure to do the following:
- Include a Word copy of the Western Protocol, making changes using track changes. Please submit two (2) copies: one tracked version (in Word format) and one clean copy (as a .PDF) of the entire revised Western Protocol. PLEASE ENSURE TO INCLUDE A VERSION DATE (e.g., dd/mmm/yyyy) in the footer of all study documents. Every time an amendment is made to this document, please remember to revise the version date to reflect the changes made and re-submit the entire document.
Please refer to the following schedule for deadlines for review by the Non-Medical REB. Protocols must be submitted by 12 p.m. on the deadline day via WREM. Early submissions are accepted, but late submissions will be held over to the following deadline and meeting.
- Ensure all required sections of the submission form are filled out completely;
- Ensure all supporting documentation (Letters of Information, Assent Letters, Telephone and Email Scripts, and Questionnaires) follow the suggestions template and guidelines.