Western's Office of Faculty Recruitment and Retention (OFRR) assists prospective and new full-time faculty members and librarians & archivists with their transition to the University and to London, Ontario.
OFRR acts as a central information resource on a variety of topics including, but not limited to the following:
- Contact information and referral for Western's preferred moving company
- Assist with your orientation to the city
- Assist with available real estate options and connect you to realtors to help with your housing search
- Provide information on healthcare
- Provide information on financial resources
- Discuss services for childcare including schools, childcare, camps, programs, and special needs
- Connect you to the many services provided to you through Western and special interests including ethno-cultural programs
- Provide information on the immigration process for foreign academics moving to Ontario
- Provide support and advice for employment searches and resources for accompanying spouses/partners
Faculty Orientation Handbook
This handbook is updated annually and contains information on moving to London, Ontario and Western University.
New Arrival Administrative Checklist
An outline of some of the administrative details that will need to be completed when moving to London and Western University.