HOW TO GET INVOLVED (1-2 steps):
1) Register and pay online (see below for our online registration process) or in-person at Membership Services after the payment open date.
**You cannot secure your team's preferred spot until you pay your fees.
2) INTRAMURAL “QUIZ” - PROCESS FOR “CAPTAIN’S MEETING"
Following the close of registration (Tuesday, May 8th) the captain (payee) will receive an invitation from IMLeagues (our scheduling website) via email from the Intramural sport convener inviting you to join your team that your Intramural sport convener has created in your name. This email invite will be sent to the email you registered (paid) with. Please log in to IMLeagues (or create an account if you do not already have one) and on your Home Page you will see a “Pending Invitation” to join the team, click on this Invitation.
You then must pass a Quiz to join your team’s roster. There are links to the information required to answer the Quiz questions which you will need to open in new tabs/windows in your browser. A passing grade of 80% (16/20 correct) is needed to be added to your team’s roster. If this grade is not achieved, you will have an unlimited number of attempts to complete the Quiz. Once you pass the Quiz, you must read and accept our waiver to play Intramural Sports at Western University. You have now been added to your team’s roster. Once the Intramural sport convener has made you captain on your roster (does not happen automatically, usually done within 24 hours of passing quiz), you will be able to invite your teammates via email and change your team’s settings (i.e. team name and photo). Please note that the Quiz is not an exhaustive list of all of our Policies and Procedures. The link provided will show all IMS Policies and Procedures.
Once you invite your teammates via email through IMLeagues, your teammates will also have to complete a Quiz to join your team’s roster. A passing grade of 80% (16/20) correct is needed to be added to the team’s roster. If this grade is not achieved, they will have an unlimited number of attempts to complete the Quiz. Once they pass the Quiz, they must read and accept our waiver to play Intramural Sports at Western University.
If you have any questions, please visit our westernmustangs.ca website under the Campus Recreation —> Intramurals tab for the answer before emailing your Intramural sport convener or Program Coordinator.
We cannot guarantee that all teams or free agents will be placed in a league or on a team. Full team refunds will be issued.
Online Registration Process - It’s Easy! Here’s How:
1. Visit shop.westernmustangs.ca and click on Register.
2. Browse our course offerings for the selected term.
MEMBER DISCOUNTS! Members receive a discount off the published list price. Sign in to your account to view our member pricing.
3. Sign in to add items to your shopping cart.
Username = your UWO user ID (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password = your UWO password
*Members without a UWO ID and Non-Members: You may create an online account for yourself. Your “Member Information” is your 9-digit member number, found on the back of your Campus Recreation card (Non-Members may leave this field blank).
4. Check out with your Visa or MasterCard through our safe and secure online payment system.
5. Manage your account – view your current and past registrations, membership information, outstanding equipment, and contact information. Please call Membership Services at 519 661.3090 if any information is incorrect.
• Member teams pay preferred member fees plus the performance bond. All players must be 16 years or older and are required to have a valid physical piece of Photo ID prior to the beginning of every game. Pictures of Photo IDs, or any attempt to use an electronic device in the place of a Photo ID are not acceptable.
• Team registrations must meet the minimum team roster requirements.
NON-MEMBER TEAMS (Applies to Summer Leagues Only)
• Any team carrying more than TWO non-members on their roster is considered a non-member team and must pay the non-member team fee plus the performance bond. All roster members must be 16 years or older and are required to have a valid physical piece of Photo ID prior to the beginning of every game. Pictures of Photo IDs, or any attempt to use an electronic device in the place of a Photo ID are not acceptable. Non-members must also comply with all other eligibility rules and policies. If you are not a member of Campus Recreation (i.e. have a current/active Campus Recreation membership) then you are classified as a non-member.
• Captains must appear on the team roster.
• Team registrations must meet the minimum team roster requirements (see sport specific rules for details).
• Once you have registered you cannot change your status to a member team.
• All registrations OPEN: Mon April 23 at 8:00am
• All registrations (except Residence Leagues) CLOSE: Tues May 8 at 11:59pm
**League space is limited, and registration is first come, first served. The wait-list is a great alternative option as teams occasionally drop-out.
All Sports, with a few exceptions, have the same fee:
Members: $507.15 (+ HST) Team Fee + $80.00 Performance Bond
Non-Members: $694.31 (+ HST) Team Fee + $80.00 Performance Bond
Exceptions are for the following leagues:
Beach Volleyball Leagues:
Members: $295.84 (+ HST) Team Fee + $80.00 Performance Bond
Non-Members: $416.59 (+ HST) Team Fee + $80.00 Performance Bond
Ultimate Frisbee Leagues:
Members: $446.78 (+ HST) Team Fee + $80.00 Performance Bond
Non-Members: $646.01 (+ HST) Team Fee + $80.00 Performance Bond
• The Performance Bond is a mandatory fee collected at registration.
• Performance Bonds are $80.00 per team.
• The Performance Bond is in place to help ensure teams show up with the required number of participants to each of their league games. The Bond also ensures that captains respond to the required captain's online playoff meeting email, ensures that each team roster is completely filled out with correct names, member numbers, and email addresses before the roster closing date.
• The Bond helps discourage actions warranting game suspensions or use of ineligible players.
• If your team does not default, the captain replies by email to the mandatory captain's online playoff meeting, has a complete roster by the roster closing deadline, and incurs no multiple game player suspensions for conduct/game violations, your entire performance bond will be refunded at the end of the semester.
• Performance Bonds must be picked up during the scheduled end of season bond refund period.