Speedcode Ordering with Enterprise/National Car Rental and Canadian Tire
As part of Western’s commitment to improve financial controls and increase transparency of financial processes, Financial Services is revising the process that allows the payment of goods or services to be made with a speed code.
Effective May 1, 2015, the following vendors will no longer accept a speed code as a form of payment from any faculty, staff or student.
- Enterprise/National Car Rental
As of May 1, 2015 cars rented at any Enterprise/National location can be paid for using a Western issued travel card or personal credit card and submitted for reimbursement through a Travel and Expense report.
- Canadian Tire
As of May 1, 2015 purchases made at any Canadian Tire location can be paid for using a Western issued Visa purchasing card (p-card).
Procurement Services Travel Announcements
Procurement Services welcomes FCm Travel Solutions as our new preferred travel management team!
Please visit our Procurement Travel Contracts webpage for more information on this exciting initiative.
Mustang Market - Open for Business
Mustang Market, Western's new purchasing system, is now open for business. This e-Procurement tool provides a positive and simple online shopping experience and showcases Western vendors' products and pricing. Here's what Mustang Market users are saying about the experience:
- Mustang Market's ease of use makes purchasing a much easier process overall and helps alleviate speed code and shipping errors. The ability to scan and attach quotes directly to a purchase requisition speeds up the entire procurement process and this is especially helpful for purchases requiring multiple quotes. The documents are fowarded directly to Procurement Services for review and all quotes/documents are then retained in the system. Overall, I like where Mustang Market is leading the purchasing experience for the University.Stephen Mallinson, Assistant Stores Coordinator
- This is one of the best project roll outs that I have seen. Congratulations and thanks.Krishna Patel, Director
- Our department has experienced both financial and reporting benefits with Mustang Market. For example, we have been able to take advantage of negotiated service contracts that we were unaware of and this has resulted in budgetary savings. Further, the level of detail Mustang Market provides allows us to report more effectively without having to wait for credit card transactions to be processed.F. Sean Wheatley, Manager of Business Operations
- With Mustang Market, I'm finding that I can place orders for my research laboratory in less than half the time I spent using the old system. I especially like two features: first, not needing a large number of individual usernames and passwords for vendor sites and, second, being able to place orders for multiple vendors and checking out only once using a single speed code. Keep up the good work!
Dr. Rodney DeKoter, Researcher
New & Updated Financial Forms
Over the course of the summer, we will be updating our forms in an effort to improve client services.
Visit our Forms page to see what's new! Your feedback is important - let us know what you think.
Professional Development Expense Reimbursement
If you are looking for a PER form in order to file your professional expense claim, please visit our forms page.
To check your professional development allowance claim status click here.