Constructions projects on campus can impact commuter traffic and parking patterns. As September is always a busier-then-usual time for commuting to and from the University all campus members are encouraged to check this campus map for changes and leave plenty of time to get to and from campus.
Download the map in .pdf or .jpg
There are several capital projects underway at any given time. Some of our larger projects can be reviewed by clicking on the project name below:
Music Building Renovations
- Construction involves an addition, an alteration and a new build
- Square footage increases building by 19,000 square feet to 42,050 square feet
- A new, five-storey tower constructed in the courtyard space between the east wing of Music Building and Talbot College, housing mostly practice rooms, teaching space, studios and piano technology space
- The renovated wing (Block B) will house studios, offices, practice rooms, seminar rooms, Early Music Ensemble Suite, and the main lobby. The tower (Block A) between the Music Building and Talbot College will house the Percussion Suite, Piano Technology Suite, classrooms, offices, studios, practices rooms, rehearsal spaces, and a new 45 seat recital hall. The tower on the west side of the renovated section (Block C) will house rehearsal halls, a newly built von Kuster Hall, and recording studio spaces. Upon completion of the renovations and construction, plans are to begin renovations to the Music Library.
- A three-storey structure housing added performance space.
- Major renovation to "behind the wall" systems, including mechanical and electrical.
- Upgrades to windows and finishes.
- Built-in closet and drawer units will be removed in favour of standard closets, providing more space in each room.
- New tenants will be accepted for the academic term beginning September 2015.
New Academic Building for FIMS/Nursing
- New four-storey building will occupy 130,000 square feet at the corner of Lambton and Huron drives, next to the Arthur and Sonia Labatt Health Sciences Building.
- Infrastructure and sewer upgrades have commenced
South Valley Lot
- Addition of 170 new grey zone parking spaces in the area between the Western Student Recreation Centre and Arthur and Sonia Labatt Health Science Building.
How are we doing? Let us know!