The application period for the School for Advanced Studies in the Arts and Humanities (SASAH) 2022-2023 academic year is now open.
SASAH is a direct admissions program that accepts only 25-30 students per year. We consider an applicant’s record of academic achievement in combination with extracurricular accomplishments. The minimum overall average for admission is typically 88% but, depending on other aspects of the application, we will consider students with grades in the mid-high 80% range.
Students apply to the Faculty of Arts and Humanities at Western using the OUAC application form.
In addition to filling out the OUAC application, students applying to SASAH must provide a clear, succinct, and well-crafted Statement of Interest (750-1000 words) that addresses the following:
- What are your reasons for applying to SASAH?
- What are the academic achievements you are most proud of?
- What are the highlights of your extracurricular activities? Which one are you most proud of?
- What qualities or strengths would you contribute to a collaborative learning environment?
- What artefact (book, painting, sculpture, etc.) or event (play, concert, performance, public presentation, or political talk, etc.) has made a significant impact on your own development, and how did it impact you?
Your Statement of Interest must be submitted by email to email@example.com.The School’s Research Fellows will produce a shortlist of candidates to be interviewed for final acceptance to the program.
In addition to the written Statement of Interest, applicants have the option of submitting a three-minute video showcasing their creative work, highlighting a special interest, or articulating why the SASAH program appeals to them. Please submit your video to firstname.lastname@example.org via wetransfer.com between January 5th and February 28th, 2022. Please note that your written Statement of Interest should be sent separately to email@example.com via regular email.
Should you have any questions about SASAH prior to applying to Western, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apart from considering applicants’ academic excellence and extracurricular experiences, SASAH will aim to welcome a diverse student group with a broad range of academic interests.
In exceptional circumstances and with special permission, a student who has completed at least one year of university may be admitted to the second year of the program.
- Discover why the Faculty of Arts & Humanities at Western is the right place for you!
- Learn more
- Current SASAH student Matthew Dawkins interviews some of our Alumni about their experiences putting the learning they did at SASAH to post-undergraduate use. Watch videos