Application Timeline & Application Materials
The application process for the Master of Data Analytics (MDA) program opens annually on October 15 for admission the following September. Prospective students can submit their applications by creating a profile on Western’s School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS) website, uploading all required documents and information, and paying an application fee.
A full list of application materials to be submitted can be found below the Admission Timeline.
The assessment of a potential applicant’s chances of admission cannot be provided in advance by email. Those who meet the admission requirements are encouraged to apply.
- October 15 - Application system opens for the following September
- November 15 - Students who apply by this deadline will receive consideration for the first round of offers
- February 15 - Students who apply by this deadline will receive consideration for second round of offers
- February 15 - International application final deadline (no extensions will be granted). Domestic/permanent resident applicants are strongly encouraged to meet this deadline
- June 15 - Final deadline for all domestic/permanent resident applications
Please note: Applicants may be required to complete a technical skills assessment and interview as a part of the admissions process.
Application Materials: Items and Details
A complete application will include the following:
- Digital Copy of your transcripts. To be eligible for the MDA program you must have completed an undergraduate degree at an accredited institution prior to the start of the program and achieve a minimum academic average of 75%
- Digital copy of your English Language Proficiency (ELP) Test Score – This is mandatory for all applicants whose first language is not English.
- A .pdf copy of the completed "MDA Supplemental Questions" document that can be dowloaded from the application system.
- References – one academic and one professional reference, or two academic references.