Students who are unsure about dropping a course should contact an academic counsellor in the School of Health Studies.
September 13: Course add deadline for first term and full year courses. Courses can be added and/or dropped online through the Enroll in Classes link on Student Services Centre until this day.
November 12: Last day to drop a first term half course (A or F) without receiving a failing grade.*
November 30: Last day to drop a full course and full-year half course without receiving a failing grade.*
March 7: Last day to drop a second term half course (B or G) without receiving a failing grade.*
January 14: Last day to add second term course (B or G)
*NOTE: After the course add deadline has passed, this can ONLY be done by form, in person, at the Academic Counselling Office during business hours.
Dropping a Course
- Courses dropped before the ADD deadline are deleted from a student's academic record.
- Courses dropped between the ADD and the DROP deadlines are recorded as a WDN (withdrawn without academic penalty).
- Courses dropped after the DROP deadline are recorded as a failed attempt. Exceptions may be made if there are compelling medical or compassionate grounds that can be documented.
- A student that is on probation must achieve an average of 60% with no failed courses.
- A failed course will prevent admission to an honors program in the following year and will reduce a student's chances of future admission to a professional school. Students with more than six failed courses are required to withdraw from the university for at least one year.