Ethics, Feminist Philosophy, Health Care Ethics
Member, Rotman Institute of Philosophy
BA, MA Queens; PhD Dalhousie
Phone: 519-661-2111 ext. 85877
Office: Stevenson Hall, Room 4133
- PHIL 1305F - Questions of the Day
- PHIL 2710G - Reproductive Ethics
- PHIL 3720G - Normative Ethics
- PHIL 9114A - Trust and Testimony
- Self-Trust and Reproductive Autonomy, The MIT Press, 2002
- Understanding and Protecting Reproductive Autonomy (editor), Blackwell, Bioethics special issue, forthcoming 2009
- Family-Making: Contemporary Ethical Challenges (co-editor with Françoise Baylis), Oxford University Press, 2014.
- “A Feminist Relational Perspective on Conscience.” In Being Relational: Reflections on Relational Theory and Health Law and Policy. Ed. J. Downie and J. Lewellyn. Vancouver: University of British Columbia Press, forthcoming 2011.
- "Trust," in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Ed. Edward N. Zalta. 2006.http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/trust/
- “Morally Justifying Oncofertility Research.” In Oncofertility: Reflections from the Humanities and Social Sciences. Ed. T. K. Woodruff, L. Zoloth, L. Campo-Engelstein, and S. Rodriguez. New York: Springer, 2010. 187-194.
- “Harm or Mere Inconvenience? Denying Women Emergency Contraception,” Hypatia 25(1), 2010: 11-30.
- "Referral in the Wake of Conscientious Objection to Abortion," Hypatia, forthcoming 2008
- "The Stem Cell Debate Continues: The Buying and Selling of Eggs for Research," co-authored with Francoise Baylis, Journal of Medical Ethics 33(12), 2007: 726-731. Posted on Biopolitical Times: http://www.biopoliticaltimes.org/article.php?id=4103