- Please click to read more and see full information regarding guidelines, deadlines and eligibility.
- This graduate seminar explored some of the complex and often contradictory ways in which medieval and medieval-inspired forms and philosophies have been employed to articulate the "modern" in avant-garde cultural discourse from the early twentieth century to the present.
- Starting in fall 2014, we are offering a one-year MA in Art History. This is a research-intensive degree offering training in the histories and theories of art and visual culture.
- Advanced Fourth Year Studio Seminar Exhibition at the Artlab. Opening Reception: November 21, 2013 > 5:00 PM.
- Buy artwork from our students, Wednesday November 27th, 4-8pm in the Visual Arts Centre. Cash and Carry Only.
- The Visual Resources Library is offering a workshop on embedded metadata on Friday, November 22 from 12noon to 1:00pm in the Media Lab (VAC134).
- Join us Thursday November 21st in room 100 for a free artist talk. Free and open to the public.
- November 20th at 11:30am Elder will discuss Canada's participation in both the 1954 and 1957 Triennale di Milano design exhibitions.
- Join us at 7pm, Thursday November 14th in room 100 for a free artist talk by painter Scott Everingham. Free and open to the public!
- Presented by the VAS1025 Advanced Foundations Studio Class. Closing Performance: November 13, 2013 > 4:30 PM.
- Join us in launching Word Hoard's second issue "The Unrecyclable" in the Concourse Gallery
- Join us for an Artist Talk by Geoffrey Pugen. October 24th at 8pm in VAC 100. Free and open to the public!
- A Digitally-generated Linocut Mural for Western's New WindEEE Research Dome.
- Join us for an Artist Talk by Lois Andison. October 24th at 7pm in VAC 100. Free and open to the public!
- Artist Talk by Ron Shuebrook in VAC 100, Thursday October 17, 7pm. All are welcome!
- Second Year MFA Exhibition at the Artlab Gallery. Opening Reception:
October 10, 2013
5:00PM to 8:00PM
- Practicum Response: Concourse Gallery
- Department of Visual Arts Phd Candidate
Erin McLeod, Alumni Leanne Carroll
and Amy Wallace published in the current
issue of RACAR vol.28 no.1
- This award recognizes academic excellence and acknowledges Andy's outstanding contribution to the field of Art and Visual Culture.
- Alumnus Joanne Latimer BA '90 presents practical tips and ideas about how to land a job with a Fine Arts degree.
- Burtynsky's Oil and the Zizekian Sublime
- Exhibition featuring artwork by faculty and staff of the department of Visual Arts at Western University
- VASA presents :Movie Scrolls and Rolls,
at the Concourse Gallery and adjacent patio (weather permitting).
A night of music, movies and delectable food.
- Meet the exhibiting artists and other Department of Visual Arts graduate students at the closing reception, Thursday, September 12th at 8:00 P.M.
- The Artlab Gallery is Proud to present this MFA Thesis Exhibition with Closing Reception on Thursday August 29th, from 7-9pm
- MFA Thesis Exhibition opening Friday August 9th, 7-9pm at the Artlab
- These exciting courses, open to all and taught by award-winning professors, examine images, ideas, and associations linking the art and architecture of the past (e.g., ancient temples, Gothic cathedrals, the Mona Lisa, Impressionist painting, and the Eiffel Tower) to contemporary visual culture.