Sun Life Financial - Get Help with Your Pension
The first time you access your account at Sun Life you must register. Instructions for registration may be found below.
- Active employees may use their Western user ID and password on the Pension Plan login page at Western.
- All members can go directly to mysunlife.ca/western and use their Sun Life access ID and password to login.
- Members may download the my Sun Life Mobile App, available for smart phones to review their account online, any time, on the go
- Your account number is 03479 followed by your 9-digit Western ID number.
Need assistance? Please contact the Sun Life Customer Care Centre at 1-866-733-8612.
The first time you login to your account, either through the Western login page (using your Western credentials) or directly at mysunlife.ca/western, you will be asked to verify your identity and register. Here is information you may be required to provide:
- Your Western employee ID (nine digits) or your Sun Life account number (03479 followed by your 9-digit Western ID number)
- Your date of birth, country of residence, postal code and your account number
- You will be prompted to establish a Sun Life access ID and password (unless you have done so for a previous Sun Life account). These will be used anytime you log directly into mysunlife.ca/western or use the my Sun Life Mobile App.
If you have any questions or require help to register, please contact the Sun Life Customer Care Centre at 1-866-733-8612 any business day between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET.
As a Western Pension Plan member, you have full access to all the information, services and advice available from Sun Life Financial's Group Retirement Services as part of your plan. Sun Life Financial is also Western’s selected provider of a Retirement Income Fund – the Sun Life Retirement & Savings Plan for Western Retirees - a good choice for those who are considering steps to turn pension savings into a retirement income.
To ensure you get the type of support and information you need from Sun Life Financial, there are different types of one-to-one assistance available by phone or in person. Find out more below.
Do you have a question now? Get help with questions, investment changes, using the tools and more by calling the Sun Life Customer Care Centre at 1-866-733-8612 any business day between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET.
You also have 24/7 online and mobile access at mysunlife.ca/western to view your account balances, make investment changes and access tools.
For investment advice on your Western Pension Plan, you can speak with a licensed Investment Advice Specialist at Sun Life Financial who can provide you with personal, unbiased, one-on-one investment advice on your Western Pension Plan, and what makes sense for you.
Call 1-866-733-8612 any business day between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET to speak with an Investment Advice Specialist today!
If you are within five years of retirement, and considering your retirement income options, you can call anytime to arrange a meeting with a Sun Life Retirement Consultant, who can provide planning support, income projections and information about the Sun Life Retirement & Savings Plan for Western Retirees. Meetings can be held via phone, in-person or video conference. In-person meetings are held off-campus by appointment during Consultant visits to London. Call 1-866-224-3906 and select Option 1 to connect with a Retirement Consultant.
If you are more than five years from retirement and looking for information on your plan, have questions about the Western investments or would like help managing your account, consider meeting with a Sun Life Education Consultant. Education Consultants visit the campus from time to time to meet with members 1:1.
Watch this space and your email for information about opportunities in 2020.
Learn more about the Sun Life Retirement & Savings Plan for Western Retirees.
Effective January 1, 2017, delivery of most services associated with the Western Pension Plans were transitioned to Sun Life Financial. The move was made to provide an exceptional member experience: innovative financial planning tools, self-service technology and investment advice. The changes brought many new benefits while allowing Western to continue to offer:
- the same contribution levels, eligibility rules and retirement options
- access to familiar low-cost, diversified investment funds; and
- the Joint Pension Board's plan oversight and investment selection, as they have done since 1969
Additionally, through Sun Life, Western is now offering access to improved member services, including:
- 24/7 online access to your investment holdings and performance information
- mobile access to your pension account and investments
- 24/7 access to online educational and financial planning tools including retirement planning and financial calculators
- daily account valuation and the opportunity to make same-day investment changes on business days
- the opportunity to make investment changes online or over the phone
- a Customer Care Centre, available to answer questions and assist on any business day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET
- licensed Investment Advice Specialists, available any business day between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET on business days, to provide unbiased, one-on-one advice on your pension plan investments
In January 2017, members received a welcome letter from Sun Life containing their new account number, allowing them to register and receive their access ID and password. Members were reminded that:
- their pension remained invested as per their previous elections
- Western did not transfer beneficiary information to Sun Life. Each member was asked to log in to their Sun Life account to designate their beneficiaries to ensure their assets are distributed according to their wishes in the event of their death. (www.sunlife.ca/western > my financial centre > under Quick links select Beneficiary Info)
Members were also encouraged to:
- download the my Sun Life Mobile App, available for smart phones to review their account online, any time, on the go
- use the online tools at mysunlife.ca/western to help make investment decisions with confidence
- review their portfolio through sunlife.ca/western to determine if their current investment options are the right choices
Published on and maintained in Cascade CMS.