How to Obtain an Accessible Western Parking Permit

If you currently have a valid Western parking permit...

Bring your Ministry of Transportation Accessible Parking Permit and your current permit hang tag to Parking and Visitor Services. We will exchange your staff/student permit for an accessible permit.

If you do not have a Western Parking permit...

Bring your Ontario Ministry of Transportation Accesible Parking Permit and your Western ONECard to Parking and Visitor Services and we'll get you set up with an accessible permit.


Permit Rates

Rates for an Accessible Permit are equivalent to the rate you would pay for a non-accessible permit, based on your status on campus.

Using Your Permit

Display your Western Accessible hang tag on your vehicle windshield. You may park at no further charge in any University accessible space, Pay and Display area or Western Honk Zone. Do not park in spaces marked "Reserved."

Temporary Disabilities

Core, Perimeter, and Undergraduate permit holders who require temporary accessible parking due to accident, injury, surgery, or similar occurrence may apply for accessible access on a temporary basis. Temporary permits are issued for a period of eight weeks or less while the Faculty/Staff member or Student is acquiring a provinical accessible permit.