GSV Permits

Loading zones, service ramps and service vehicle parking spaces are established to facilitate deliveries and allow service access to university buildings.

In order to obtain a General Service Vehicle (GSV) permit, drivers must have a valid parking permit for this academic year.

All passes are issued electronically and linked to valid paid permits. Passes will not be issued to vehicles without a permit. Commercial vehicles requiring General Service Vehicle (GSV) passes will require commercial hang tags.

Faculty, Staff and Commercial vehicles using General Service Vehicle (GSV) permits MUST also display a valid paid Western parking hang tag.

Permit Type Description Annual Cost
General Service Vehicle (GSV) permit

GSV permits are "virtual." No hang tag is issued.

Valid Staff/Commercial permit must be displayed.

Valid at Honk Mobile spaces and Pay & Display areas for 60 minutes.

GSV permits expire at the end of the academic year and must be renewed annually.

$30 each

*All zones are monitored regularly by Parking enforcement staff.

As a guideline, Parking & Visitor Services asks that General Service Vehicle (GSV) permits only be requested for individuals who require frequent access to these service/restricted areas.

Please note: Abuse of these permits affects the functionality of these areas and disrupts timely servicing of equipment, removal of garbage and delivery of material. In order to prevent such disruptions, Parking & Visitor Services reserves the right to withdraw permits that are used improperly.

Questions about GSV permits can be directed to: Warren Hayden, 519-661-2111 Ext: 85650 or email:


Print off the request form then send completed form to: