PIVOT Expertise Database
(Formerly Community of Science - COS)
Provides access to the most comprehensive source of funding opportunities globally
- Identifies researcher expertise from within or outside of your organization
- Enhances communication, monitoring, and tracking amongst individual faculty, teams, or researchers and Western Research
- Allows the focus to be on winning the necessary awards and grants
- Enables you to add internal deadlines to critical funding opportunities and sends weekly updates on saved searches
- Create groups for sharing funding opportunities on an ongoing basis
PIVOT Funding Opportunities Database
Pivot focuses on what matters most to research administrators, research development professionals and their institutions: the ability to identify and connect funding opportunities to researchers at their institution. Pivot combines the most comprehensive, editorially maintained database of funding opportunities worth an estimated $33 billion with our unique database of 3 million pre-populated scholar profiles, drawing from Community of Scholars and Community of Science profiles. Its proprietary algorithm compiles pre-populated researcher profiles unique to your organization (and others) and matches them to current funding opportunities in the expansive COS database. This allows users to search for a funding opportunity and instantly view matching faculty from inside or outside your institution. Conversely, a search for a scholar will link to matching funding opportunities.
PIVOT is accessible to all Western faculty, staff and students, and can be accessed from any campus computer. Registration to PIVOT also allows login off-campus.
To access PIVOT from off campus, you must create your PIVOT account.
- Go to: https://pivot.proquest.com/session/login
- The Affiliated Member Institution is University of Western Ontario.
PLEASE NOTE: PIVOT provides information from publicly sourced sites, and Western does not review or manage researchers identified as Western faculty on the PIVOT profiles.