Western is committed to ensuring the highest standards of ethical conduct in every aspect of research. Those undertaking academic work shall strive to follow the best research practices honestly, accountably, openly and fairly in the search for and in the dissemination of knowledge. Individuals are personally responsible for the intellectual and ethical integrity of their work and must ensure that in research their conduct meets University standards and best practices, professional and disciplinary standards, applicable laws and regulations, and the integrity standards of any entities sponsoring any component of research work.
Responsible Conduct of Research
- Promoting awareness of what constitutes the responsible conduct of research, including Agency requirements as set out in the institution’s policies;
- Consequences of failing to meet them, as well as the process for addressing allegations;
- Communicating its policy on the responsible conduct of research, and posting annually on its website information on confirmed findings of breaches of its policy (e.g., the number and general nature of the breaches), subject to applicable laws, including the privacy laws;
- Reporting annually to the SRCR on the total number of allegations received involving Agency funds, the number of confirmed breaches and the nature of those breaches, subject to applicable laws, including privacy laws; and
- Communicating within the institution, the central point of contact responsible for receiving confidential enquiries, allegations and information related to allegations of breaches of Agency policies.
Responsible Conduct of Research at Western
- Academic Integrity in Research Activities is goverened by MAPP 7.0
- All grants received after November 17, 2011 have included the following consent of disclosure disclaimer: “I consent to the disclosure of information as required by the policies of this funding Sponsor. For Tri-Council Agency (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC) funding, see Consent of Disclosure of Personal Information"
- Western provides online responsible conduct of research training
- Western's central point of contact for breaches is email@example.com
Summary of allegations and confirmed breaches processed under MAPP 7.0
|Preliminary Inquiries Conducted||5||5||5||6||7||4||32|