Ontario Research Fund
The Ontario Research Fund-Research Excellence program provides research institutions with funding to help support the operational costs of large-scale transformative research of strategic value to the province. The fund provides up to one third of the total value of a project, with the remaining two thirds coming from a combination of private sector and institutional contributions.
- ORF-RE Round 10 Information Session
- Date: Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Location: Arts & Humanities Building (AHB), room 1B02
- Late July/Early August: Preliminary draft & preliminary budget to RDS
- Friday, August 23, 2019: Information for institutional letters, draft partner letters of support, and draft budgets submitted to RDS, in order to guarantee the required institutional letters
- Tuesday, September 3, 2019: Final budget & revised proposal draft submitted
- Monday, September 16, 2019: Final proposal draft, final letters of support, and ROLA proposal submitted
- Friday, September 20, 2019: Final application deadline
- Eligible institutions include: universities, colleges, research hospitals, non-profit research institutions.
ORF-RE Round 10 consists of two application funding tiers; both tiers are open to all disciplines.
- Tier 1: Funds projects from $200,000 to $1,000,000
- Tier 2: Funds projects from $1,000,001 to $4,000,000
Please note that the above amounts are inclusive of 40% indirect costs. The maximum direct research costs are therefore approximately $714K for Tier 1, and $2.85M for Tier 2. Cash from partners will be subject to an indirect cost rate of 25%.
ORF-RE provides up to 1/3 of the total value of a project with the remaining 2/3 from a combination of private sector and institutional contributions.
Partner contributions must have been received no earlier than September 20, 2018. Expenses (project start date) must be May 23, 2019 or later. Consult our ORF-RE Budget Guide (Round 9; update forthcoming) or contact Research Development if you have questions regarding eligibility of partner cash or in-kind contributions.
For more information, or questions relating to the ORF-RE program, please contact: Carolyn Paterson, Senior Research Development Officer (519-661-2111 ext. 82262), or Alda O'Grady, Research Development Programs Administrator (519-661-2111 ext. 84620)