"Counselling" is advice about course selection, module selection, eligibility for modules/programs, how to deal with academic difficulties, etc.


Department of Statistical and Actuarial Science Academic Counselling

The Department of Statistical and Actuarial Sciences (DSAS) Academic Counsellors/Advisors are available to answer queries about our courses and modules in Actuarial Sciences, Data Science, Financial Modeling, and Statistics. The DSAS Counsellors are: 

  • Hristo Sendov (Chief Counsellor)
  • Steve Kopp
  • Jennifer Peter

For queries about Actuarial Sciences, Financial Modeling, and Statistics, contact with your name, student number, and module (e.g. Major in Actuarial Science). Be sure to use your UWO email account

Stats Inquiry can help with:

  • questions and graduation checks for our modules (for graduation checks, review the information and fill out the appropriate form from the science counselling website)
  • special permissions for our courses and modules
  • entry requirements for our modules

For queries about Data Science courses and modules, submit a ticket to the Data Science Counselling Help Portal (requires log in with your UWO username), which will be addressed by the coordinator of the Data Science modules, Jörn Diedrichsen.

Queries related to non-DSAS courses or modules (e.g. Economics, Psychology, etc.) should be referred to the counselors from the corresponding department. For reference, queries about Applied Math, Calculus, and Math courses or modules should be sent to

Faculty of Science Counselling

The Academic Counselling Team in North Campus Building Rm 280 is a team of dedicated and experienced academic counsellors/advisors that help Science students during their academic careers. 

Reasons for seeing Faculty of Science Academic Counsellor/Advisor:

  • Struggling with university adjustment
  • Advising about the impact of course selection and academic performance on eligibility for modules and degrees
  • Requesting academic consideration or Accommodation for missed course work (including missed exams)
  • Requesting permission for increased or irregular course loads
  • Advising for transfer students
  • Requesting a Letter of Permission (taking courses at another university)
  • Changing your degree or module status, including withdrawal from Western or transferring from another faculty
  • Asking other General questions

Helpful links on the Faculty of Science Counselling website: 


Live Chat

Help Portal (requires a log-in to issue ticket)

Health and Wellness Counselling

Western provides several health-related services on campus that to help students achieve optimum health:

Student Health Services:

Student Health Services is an appointment-based medical clinic for all registered part-time and full-time students at Western. Services include:

  • Medical care
  • Counselling and psychiatry, etc.

Mental Health Counselling:

Mental Health Counselling is available on campus through:

  • Student Development Centre (SDC)
  • Student Health Services (SHS)

Active Minds Western - Student Club for Mental Health

Active Minds’ mission is to reduce the stigma that surrounds mental illness and to create an open environment for the discussion of mental health issues. 

I Need Help Now